Wednesday, July 1, 2009

You'll go nuts

Caramelized Pecans. This is a delicious, delicious addition to a boring dinner. You can use it in a salad, or in yogurt, or with a little fruit salad. Last night I diced up some green apple and mixed it together with some caramelized pecan halves--tasty!

When I made them last night I just threw some butter and sugar into a pan with the nuts, but I found a recipe that looks pretty good. This recipe says to use:

1/2 tb Butter
1 tb Sugar
1/2 c Pecan halves
So first melt the butter in a saucepan. Then you will add in the sugar and pecans, and stir them together until the sugar looses its grainy appearance. According to the recipe, this will take about 5 minutes. Then remove the mixture from the pan and spread it onto a sheet of aluminum foil and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes.
Then you can use your imagination and put the pecans in anything you can think of! I think I will use the rest of my pecans in a little spinach salad with a light raspberry vinaigrette.

0 comments:

Post a Comment