Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bloomin Onion

So, Jeff and I were watching the food network the other night and watched an episode of Unwrapped that looked at how the Bloomin Onion is made. Mmm...we started craving it like crazy.

So, the next night we decided to go to Outback to get us a little onion treat of our own. TASTY!



The reason I am writing this, is because it was a pretty cheap dinner date for us. We just got an Bloomin Onion (which was only like $5.something. I expected it to be more) and a salad. Sadly, the salad was more expensive than it was worth. It was like $10.50 and by the amount of salad that we got it should have been like $3.50.

BUT, there maybe something there that costs a little bit less, and will function just as well. It was plenty of food, and we even ended up taking some of the onion back home and had it with our steak dinner the next night.

Oooh, remind me to blog about that one. Or, better yet, I will just let Chef Ramsey tell you about how to cook the ribeye steaks we had.


This recipe is a winner...highly recommend it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! That was an awesome video. So I am way jealous... Mitchell and I used to go to get the Bloomin Onion all the time, but then they said they weren't selling them anymore because it was too expensive to get the onions. (Or something like that) I'm going to have to go to a different place to see if they serve them. I hope!

Unknown said...

Oh thats cause you went to Chillis! You have to go to Outback to get it now...Chillis stopped serving them for some reason.

Shayla said...

I'm not a huge fan of Bloomin' Onions, but I'll take that Ramsey steak any day! And grilled artichokes?? Dreamy...

Post a Comment